Are you feeling burnt out? You might need a social media detox.
2021 hasn’t been an easy year and I am realizing that Social Media keeps me farther and farther away from myself. It isn’t fair to my creative projects, my mental or physical health, and overall it feels like a downright addiction.
This December, join me in a “Slow the Scroll” social cleanse – where I share my journey that feels much more supportive and unplugged than the life I have been living.
This is for you if:
- You feel like you are constantly needing to “check” something
- You haven’t created anything for yourself in a long time
- You miss the days of living and creating *just for you*
- You want to spend more time reading and relaxing, not comparing to others
I crave things to feel like 1997 again, where things were analog and my main distraction was a Lion King video game.
Are you ready to join me in Slow the Scroll December? It’s time for social media detox!
Here are some journal prompts for you:
- My intention for this cleanse:
- Things I want to move away from:
- Things I can do instead: (for work or personal life)
- Game plan for interacting with socials:
- Go deeper with work
- Go deeper with connection to self
- Feel less distracted
- Create more for myself and don’t share it
- Create pillar content for my brand
- Create brand strategy that doesn’t rely heavily on social media
- Reduce the need to check EVERYTHING (especially when I wake up)
- Finish 1 book
Things I want to move away from:
- Scrolling Instagram Mindlessly
- Checking Email constantly
- Checking FB Groups a lot (info overload)
- Scrolling TikTok
- Any short form video
- Feeling the need to share every little thing I do
- Mindless Youtube
- Too much Slack as a distraction
- Reading too many books at once
Things I can do instead:
- Read one fiction book
- Read one non fiction book
- Implement StoryBrand framework
- Plan and write pillar content blog posts
- Write to my email list
- Watch course about growing without social media
- Gather resources the old fashioned way
- Work on Uncover Your Creative Wellspring program
- Plan Uncover retreat in January
- Work on Email Funnels
- Watch training videos that I am behind on
- Implement said trainings
- Activate CEO days
- Go to the gym
- Play Nintendo Switch
- Watch Movies
- Play board games
- Get Christmas cards ready
- Go out to dinner
- Work in a coffee shop
- Organize finances in Quickbooks and get taxes ready for next year
- Take baths
- Listen to podcasts
- Write & record meditations
- Send letters
- Send emails
- Work on family cookbook
- Plan stuff to do in Nashville and keep a Notion doc of it!
- Get accupuncture
- Get a massage
- Make a meal plan
- Cook new recipes
- Unsubscribe from emails
- Start researching podcasts to outreach
- Organize Canva Templates
- Organize Notion
- Go through old journals
- Shadow work
- Pull Tarot Cards
- SELF CAREEEE
I invite you to write your own list of things to do!
How to interact with Socials:
- Create a “Social Checking Block” for messages and any new notifications, respond and leave
- Check Messages Once a Day
- Check Email 2x Day
- Remove Channels from Slack
- Install Boomerang to pause emails if I need to work inside of them
- Only Post 1-2x week, post and ghost
- Send out Email 1x week
- Banned From: Reddit, TikTok, Facebook (scrolling)
- Check FB 1x Day
- Use News Feed Eradicator for blocking feeds
If you haven’t done so already, I invite you to write out your own little plan so that you can follow & check in with yourself!
Mantra of the month: Rest is productive.
Set your Intentions:
- Take time to just be. Release the need to check.
- Allow my intuition to guide me towards what I want to do.
- Plan the next day ahead on the night before.
And a few more Journal Prompts:
- How do I want to feel at the end of the month?
- How can I recalibrate this week, to bring in more of the desired energy for the next 21 days?
Let me know how it goes in the comments!